Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The Sporge

cavelamb himself wrote:

Ok,

My appologies for yelling wolf -

even though there really was a wolf!

I've been on the phone with earthlink for an hour.

I've been unable to use the earthlink news server for a nearly a month.
Since we moved to the new house, in fact.

So I've been using the verizon news server - since it was actually
working...

But Gunner posted that he was using EL and didn't see anything. (?)

So I got on the phone to the trolls (tm).

I finally got to talk to a (drum roll please) Master Technician -
who actually knew what a news group was (yea team).

But he was also unable to fix it, so they hooked me up with Alice.

Maybe you've heard of Alice?

Alice took me through the looking glass
(actually highly polished stainless steel -
a huge stretch to get this one kinda sorta on topic)

and

Lo and Behold

Alice made it work!

So I can use the earthlink news servers again!

(They are messing around with the servers again)

And even better!

No massive amounts of random garbage floating in this group!

But - it really did happen.

Last night was a real nightmare.

And a lot of guys who are not able to fix their servers are really
getting shafted.

Especially the dial-up guys.

You are no longer on the Earthlink news server. Look at the header
of your message, and you'll see that you are using Supernews. Earthlink
outsourced their Usenet service, and are to shut down their old farm
very soon.

news.east.earthlink.net & news.west.earthlink.net redirect you to
Supernews.

news.earthlink.net still points to the soon to be shut down server farm
that Earthlink ran for several years.

There is one more name that redirects you to supernews, but I can't
remember it at the moment.

You might want to subscribe to the Earthlink only newsgroup at:
news:earthlink.support.usenet where the changes and updates are being
discussed.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell