Tim Williams

Default Taper questions...

"Lennie the Lurker" wrote in message
m...
Tim, the smallest I'd go for a #1 taper would be 3/4"OD, my SB has a
#2 and 1 1/8 OD ram in the tailstock.

Ok, thanks for the point of reference.

The Gingery machines will work,
but being designed for home construction, they're minimal where ever
it would mean not having to machine something. In design and
construction, they're similar to machines made in the late 1800's.

Yup. I'm hoping to beef it up a bit, and while I'm at it, try to make a
10x24 or so. But I need a bigger furnace first so I can melt the 16 pounds
of aluminum for the bed...

I assume from your comments that you made it to the airport?

Hmm... I should run by and pick that up some day.....LOL! Actually Glenn
Lyford bought the entire series for me(!). Thanks again Glenn...

Tim

--
"I have misplaced my pants." - Homer Simpson | Electronics,