Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Welding NG is full

According to Doug Miller :
In article , steamer wrote:
--Please post text string for the kill; I'm not all that skilled in
unix and I suspect neither are a pile of others who are getting this stuff.

Just filter out anything that's crossposted to sci.crypt . That group is the
real target of this flood.

It depends (somewhat) on your newsreader. With mine (trn), in
the killfile specific for rec.crafts.metalworking I have the following
line as the first active line:

/: .*sci.crypt/h:j

the "/h:j" says "Look anywhere in the headers (since it does not seem to
have a specific entry for the "Newgroups: " header line), for anything
which has some unknown count of other characters ".*" followed by
"sci.crypt", and "junk" (mark as already read) those which match.

There are other one which check the "From: " header "/f:", and
without any specifier, it assumes that you are only killfiling on the
"Subject: " header.

I suspect that most unix newsreaders have similar killfiles, but
there may be details which are different.

Note that the killfile change won't do anything with articles
which the newsreader already knows about (unless you fake it into
thinking that it does not know about them), but it will zap the new ones
as they are discovered.

In trn, you can edit the killfile (using either vi by default,
or whatever editor you have indicated in the EDITOR environment
variable) by typing '^K" (control-K). Or -- you can find where it
stores the killfile on your system. There can be a global killfile for
those who are trying to read two or more newsgrops which are under
attack at the same time.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564