Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geoff Berrow Geoff Berrow is offline

Default Abrasiveness of cleaners

contained the following:

Go and find your local car body shop and ask them what is the gentlest
polish that they use. I can't tell you any more, as my son knows the
name of it, but he is not available right now. An old friend of mine has
a son that is into car painting, that is how we found out about it.
Apparently, T Cut is way down the list of polishes.

I wonder if there is a scale of abrasiveness?

I'd guess it goes something like this, least abrasive at the bottom

Toothpaste
Hob Brite hob cleaner
Duraglit wadding
Brasso Metal polish
Car wax polish
T- cut
Jif (ok...Cif)
Fine wire wool
Ajax

Anyone like to add or re-order the list?

You can get an idea of the abrasiveness of a substance by putting a
little on your thumbnail and rubbing it gently with the other nail

--
Geoff Berrow (put thecat out to email)
It's only Usenet, no one dies.