Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Air Conditioner not cold enough

wrote in message

I closed the vents downstairs in hopes that the cold air would come up
to the upper floors, but this has not helped. There does seem to be
some cold air coming from the upstairs, so I'm confused as to why the
upper floors are not getting cold enough. Is it possible that the air
conditioning unit is not generating enough cold air? It seems cold
enough downstairs. How would changing the filters or opening a vent
change things. If it's generating enough cold air this should
continue until the thermostat shuts it off, right?

Thanks
Sam

Did you check the filters as many recommended? If yes, did it make a
difference? If no, do it now and if it does not fix things, call a pro.
Could also be a coil freezing up too.

Judging from your comments you don't have enough understanding of how an AC
works to do anything more than that so call the service guy. I don't mean
that in a nasty way. You may be the best computer programmer or undertaker
and nicest guy in the world, but not everyone can fix some things.