Posted to alt.home.repair

Default running a cable under the threashold?

"Toller" wrote in message
I have just enough 10/3 to run a circuit in my garage if I run the cable
under an aluminum threashold. It fits under there like it was designed for
the purpose, but that doesn't mean it is okay... The cable will go through
studs on a wall, down under the threashold, and continue through the wall
on the other side.

I'd not do it. While it may last 100 years, it may be a problem in two
years. Thresholds often get wet and dirty. Doors get replaced. It is not
the common "workman like manner" to have a wire. If the next owner decides
to replace the door, he may chop or cut into the threshold and cut the wire
as it is not expected to be there. It may even be you once senility sets
in.