Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison Robert Allison is offline

Default Toilet supply line ruptured

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'll admit, I don't remember hearing of another toilet supply
line rupturing. Any idea what caused it?

I used to do insurance repairs exclusively. The top three
causes of flooding in a home we toilet supply lines,
icemaker lines, washing machine hoses.

They are not even thought about much and no one regularly
examines them to see how they are doing. You never move them
except in special circumstances, so they sit back there,
forgotten, until they fail.

I check mine often, and I use the best lines that I can get.
That is copper for icemaker, and stainless steel braided hose
for supplies and washing machine hoses.

I have never seen one break, but I have seen the results of
many of them breaking.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.