Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
charlieb charlieb is offline

Default Got IN THE ZONE Again

The Zone, Zen Moments, "Just So" Time - they're all the same
- when everything just happens almost perfectly and effort-
lessly. Get there and you're brain rewards you with a shot of
endorphin - much better than the old "Good JOB!" - and legal,
at least until those who are certain someone, somewhere, is
having fun AND not being punished for it figure out a way to
make it illegal. Odd how such a small minority of the people
who came to The New World somehow imposed so much
Puritanism on our civil laws.

But I digress.

Was playing with some Santos mahogany, trying to see
how fine I could turn it - the idea for the turnings being
spires, or more precisely, minarets. Shortly after chucking
up a 1/2" square blank and roughing it to round the Zen
Thing began. Everything went Just So - the lathe, the chuck,
the tool, the wood - and I - locked in, like musicians often
do after noodling around for a while.

Here are the post cards of The Trip To The Zone.

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...urning14C.html

Fun this woodworking thing.

charlie b