Roy

Default Variable drive idea

I just recently acquired a exercise type bike that worked on this same
principal. It would turn the one heavy flywheel without any physical
connection by way of belts gears chain etc. It was weird until I
finally discovered there was a series of nice magnets in the one wheel
that caused the other wheel to rotate. Right now its in pieces looking
to be turned into another home brew something or other.........

On 22 Apr 2004 03:07:56 GMT, (GMasterman) wrote:

===At a recent OTC show in Houston, SWACO, a oilfield services contractor, was
===showing off a mud centrifuge with a unique drive system. It consisted of a
===flywheel with rare earth magnets mounted on it and a solid copper flywheel
===opposite it. The closer the rotating magnetic flywheel gets to the copper
===flywheel, the more rotational energy is transfered. With the two flywheels
===close together, both would spin at the same speed. As they were seperated the
===driven flywheel would slow down, and with enough gap, completely stop. No
===energy comsumed to operare as a variable speed tranny and clutch. Picture the
===implications of this in the auto industry future. Never realized that a
===magnetic field would affect copper. I'm talking about a 100hp(?)motor rotating
===a 1000#(?) centrifuge bowl and rotor

Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.