Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Air Conditioner not cold enough

wrote:

I closed the vents downstairs in hopes that the cold air would come up
to the upper floors, but this has not helped. There does seem to be
some cold air coming from the upstairs, so I'm confused as to why the
upper floors are not getting cold enough. Is it possible that the air
conditioning unit is not generating enough cold air? It seems cold
enough downstairs. How would changing the filters or opening a vent
change things. If it's generating enough cold air this should
continue until the thermostat shuts it off, right?

Heat rises. Close off the upstairs by hanging blankets over the stairwell.
Sleep on a couch in the family room.