Posted to alt.home.repair
S H O P D O G[_3_] S H O P  D O G[_3_] is offline

Default Toilet supply line ruptured

Damn, Talk about luck! Our bathroom floor is somewhat canted toward the tub
from the toilet. When the plastic nut came loose the water shot up toward
the tank and of course ran down across the floor to tub ran along the tub
and right under the only 4" piece of sheetrock , under and through that down
to the cavity that the tub sits in. By luck there is a notch in a beam the
water ran down the notch and welled up in the ceiling of the kitchen. I
assume that the water also ran along the electric wire and into the ceiling
fan, which caused the fan motor to short out.
Waiting for ins adjuster to come out on Wed. What should I expect? We've
never made a claim before and my policy is written in lawyerese. It says
that I am covered which I should be. I am covered at 100%. Will they make me
hire someone, will they only pay me for materials if I choose to do the
repair myself.

I know I will be able to ask these questions of the adjuster, but any prior
insight may be to my benefit as to what to say and ask or what not to say or
ask.

SD