Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad AZ Nomad is offline

Default Rude to ask for repairman's license and insurance

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:07:05 -0700, Eigenvector wrote:

Surprisingly enough this doesn't seem to have been asked. Or at least it
was inundated with all the other garbage that Google returns (Google is fast
becoming worthless as a search engine).

If I hire a repairman, would it be rude for me to ask to see his license and
bonding documents if I am in doubt. Especially for something involving a

Is it rude not to be a gullible idiot? I don't think so. If a contractor
might get offended then you know he is somebody you want to steer clear
of.