Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Toilet supply line ruptured

S H O P D O G wrote:
Oh yeah,the floors a goner! where the tiles meet they are trying to
stand up. One just broke, so I removed it and it looks like the
mastic has seperated from the tiles.
If anythng comes out of this we were going to replace that floor in
the future anyway. But I would have rather not gone about it this
way! Most of the first floor is dry and the basement is almost dry.

Right. The wood swelled. As it dries, it will shrink back to its original
size.

Because it popped loose, you may have to re-glue some (all) of the tiles,
but the floor is NOT a goner.

Now, I'm concerned about all this old timber. Now that it has gotten
completely saturated, will there be any issues with mold. The house
is about 70 years old.

Probably not. A one-time wetting isn't usually enough for mold.