Posted to rec.woodworking
Ike Ike is offline

Default GLOAT

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 00:41:53 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Vidkid26" video city@my video.com wrote in message
I'd post some pictures, but the last time I did, I got nothing but flack
about the format,or some crap, that some people couldn't see them. So take
a look at www.flickr.com/photos/vidkid26/

Nice haul !

If you post pictures, just keep the size modest (about 100 to 150K) and use
a JPG format that anyone can open, not yEnc that most of us cannot open
easily.

Off topic:
FYI, yEnc is a compression format for any type of binary file and is
exclusive to Usenet. JPG is an image format that is compressed. A JPG
image can be uploaded and downloaded faster when using yEnc
compression. They are two completely different animals. It is your
Outlook Express that is the problem. Imagine everyone requesting
images be uploaded as BMP files (which are uncompressed and huge by
comparison) just because they do not have a viewer that can open a JPG
file. Embrace technology, don't try to make others conform to your old
software.