Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus5826 Ignoramus5826 is offline

Default OT -- Lexmark Optra E312L printer grabs paper

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:02:39 -0500, James Waldby wrote:
Ignoramus11957 wrote:

I decided to buy another printer, as I am tired of this one. I bought a
used HP 4050N with 78k printed pages count, from a local ebay seller.
The one we have at work has about 180k pages and is still going strong.

It's easy to add a duplex unit to that printer, like at
which for large documents cuts paper use in half, and also
makes it much easier to print booklets.

Linux CUPS controls duplex output via "lpoptions -o sides=one-sided",
"lpoptions -o sides=two-sided-long-edge", etc.

Yes, it is very interesting. I would use the duplex mode for big
documents only. Accidentally, I was looking at some duplexers today.

I added those CUPS options to my notes file so that I can use them
later if I do get a duplexer.