Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default QC toolholders for piston and Aloris AXA QC toolpost do not work

Hi Don,

Comments inline, sorry for the slow reply, took a break from
the computer yesterday

On 12 Aug 2007 02:12:46 GMT, (DoN.
Nichols) wrote:

According to Leon Fisk :
On 11 Aug 2007 04:58:25 GMT,
(DoN.
Nichols) wrote:

I got in okay with the latest Opera build (v9.23 build
8808).

Opera on what hardware and software platform?

I'm Running Windows NT4 on an old 300 Mhz PII.

A quick look at the code revealed that the site uses
images, javascript and frames almost to the point of ad
nauseam. Ugh! So much code/crap that I'm surprised it even
works. A quick validation came up with numerous errors but
nothing so bad that the site shouldn't display.

You do need images on though...

"Images"? Where? In the "edit site preferences" panels

My version Opera is highly customized (by me) but the
standard key for images is "g". Opera has three
choices/settings. Images on - Cached images only - no
images and then it cycles through the same settings again if
you keep pushing it. The site uses images with hotspots for
almost all of its navigation. Without images enabled it will
look almost like you have a blank screen.

I just tried accessing the site with cookies disabled (old
cookies were dumped) and I got in okay so I don't think that
is a problem. Normally I let cookies do what ever they want
and delete them later on with a separate program if I don't
want to keep them.

I have plugins disabled and I allow referrer logging (F12
-) I doubt that this matters though.

Styling of frames and scroll bars is disabled. I've never
tried enabling these. Just so much eye candy IMO.

snip

show active frame border

Frame border is disabled

enable styling of frames

Enable Javascript

Allow moving and resizing of windows

(DON'T) allow changing of status field

(DON'T) allow script to receive right clicks

Allow script to hide address bar

Hide address bar is disabled

Open Console on Error

Open console is disabled

several Java console errors, but it won't let me cut and past
those, so we'll ignore copying those.

If your Opera is running on a Windows box, that may be the
difference.

It shouldn't matter that much. The different Opera builds
are pretty closely tied together. That is why they can
update/release them so quickly.

Obviously you are receiving some of the page. If you want,
try and save the page you get and send it to me via email.
I'll try loading it locally on my system. You should be able
to figure out my email looking at my sig okay. You can just
send a quick test mail first if you want.

Just for the heck of it I used Wget to save a complete Home
page (
http://www.kbctools.com/usa/main.cfm). I instructed
Wget to change all directory entries to just a common one. I
zipped it up and you can find it here (~640k):

http://www.iserv.net/~lfisk/kbc-home.zip

I added one extra file to the zip, "screen-shot.jpg" which
is what the home page looks like on my Opera. This was the
page I saved too and loaded locally in off-line mode.

You can send me an email if you want to try working on this
some more and don't want to stray too far off-topic.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b