Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default Unswitched neutral for timer switches

On 2007-08-13, Richard Russell wrote:
On 13 Aug, 11:06, Huge wrote:
I don't see why not. We transmit video over Cat5 with appropriate baluns, over a
much larger building than a domestic dwelling.

Good luck to you. However I worked for the BBC for over 32 years and
doing that is anathema to me.

Well, it's hardly broadcast quality, but the dealers don't seem to mind.

If you get baseband PAL colour out of the far end it can't be too bad.

Were those little sub-matchbox sized devices that MISCO used to sell
just baluns then? I always assumed they were active.

snip

The arse of doing it has largely put me off. I've run some phone and speaker
cables round the outside of the house, but I'd only do it "properly" if it was a
new build or major refurb and I could pay someone to do it.

Such wiring would be a site more useful than some of the part pee
stuff such as the need to have an extractor fan in a bog controlled
from a triple pole isolator, and IIAC every utility room having to
have an extractor fan (ditto) in it, even if it only houses the boiler
+ washing machine + dryer

DG.