Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default How do you put the shine back on Bakalite?

George wrote:
"Stuart B" wrote in message

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:51:41 GMT, "George"
wrote:

my clarinet needs polishing up as its gone dull,dunno how old it is?

IF it's Bakelite then you can buy Bakelite Polish .You'll probably
need to Google for it .
I have also successfuly used T Cut for car bodywork .
Stuart

Could be ebony? but this is an old clairinet about 1930's B flat.

T-cut, now why did I think of that. :-)

Go and find your local car body shop and ask them what is the gentlest
polish that they use. I can't tell you any more, as my son knows the
name of it, but he is not available right now. An old friend of mine has
a son that is into car painting, that is how we found out about it.
Apparently, T Cut is way down the list of polishes.

HTH

Dave