Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Moan about some Ebay sellers...

In article ,
Cicero wrote:
You post your trivial grievances about Ebay

Not a grievance about Ebay but about probably youngsters standards of
writing.

to an un-related NG and in
the process you reveal your careless attitude towards personal identity
theft.

On the contrary. You have shown you don't know much about identity theft,
or are more likely scaremongering.

I offered a little bit of friendly and well-intentioned advice to which
you took exception for no apparent reason. You also wilfully made an
issue of a perfectly commonplace English expression in my post.

Eh? You suggested it was a new thing I should be aware of - having bank
sort code and account number on a cheque. I simply pointed out it wasn't.

You showed the same kind of prickly attitude towards a similar bit of
advice from another poster.

Prickly? You mean disagreeing with a view?

Today's news is carrying an item about identity theft using information
and signatures provided by the Land Registry. Identity theft is big
business and it's people with your complacent attitude who feel the
sting.

If you can't send a personal cheque to *anyone* with safety the business
world would collapse. I'm all for being careful but there are limits.

BTW it could well be the people I'm complaining about have not given their
addresses to Ebay for your sort of fears.

--
*Preserve wildlife - Go pickle a squirrel*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.