Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Toilet supply line ruptured

on 8/13/2007 10:50 AM Toller said the following:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

I'll admit, I don't remember hearing of another toilet supply
line rupturing. Any idea what caused it?

A couple years ago I installed a new valve and the instructions said it must
be used with braided wire supply line.

I asked the manufacturer why that was, as I didn't want to replace my nylon
braided one.
He said there was no real reason for it, since the supply lines never break.
That made sense, since the pressure is so low in the narrow line. (yes, I
know the actual static psi is exactly the same, but the total pressure on
the walls is much less because the area is much less.)

But apparently it can happen! I have bought some braided metal for my ice
maker, but haven't gotten around to installing it.

Besides the strength, could it serve as an electrical ground connection
to the grounded supply pipe ?
I don't know, just asking.

--

Bill