Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default The Pussification of the American Male

- What part of electrical work requires that one should be right
handed?

My guess is that all of the poster's tools and supplies were of the
right-handed style. You know, right-handed screwdrivers, righted-
handed wire cutters, right-handed wire nuts, and the all important
right-handed multi-meter. You start using that stuff with your left
hand and there's no telling the damage that could be done.

On 13 Aug, 10:16, willshak wrote:
on 8/13/2007 9:16 AM Dick Adams said the following:

What he said may be the norm. But when my son was 5 years old,
I took him with me to the crawl space in the attic to wire the
new vent fans. The roofer said he couldn't wire them because
he was not an electrician.

First, I showed him where switch for the attic fans was
located to make sure it was off. Then I had him nail
down the plywood so he had something to crawl on and
explained why he still wanted his weight to be on the
2x4's.

I showed him how to a wire tester "one-handed" to make
certain the power was off. My son is left-handed so he
had to learn to do electrial work right-handed.

I don't understand this statement:
"My son is left-handed so he had to learn to do electrial work
right-handed" (sic).
What part of electrical work requires that one should be right handed?

He help me lay brick, cut down trees, plant trees,
put up a fence, tend a garden, change oil, repair
toilets, lay carpet, etc. He is now 23 and called
me yesterday to tell me he got his first electric
shock because he "thought" the power was off. I
told him he was damn lucky he wasn't standing in
a puddle of water.

I even taught him how to homebrew beer which since
he didn't out the effort into high school that I
tried to get him to do, it comes in handy since
he is barely making a living.

If you don't teach your children how to work and
learn from teaching them, you're a wimp parenting
a wimp to be.

Dick

--

Bill