Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_2_] Steve Barker[_2_] is offline

Default Rude to ask for repairman's license and insurance

Any decent contractor should have all that in a nice three ring binder , IN
HIS TRUCK, to show you without being asked.

steve

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
Surprisingly enough this doesn't seem to have been asked. Or at least it
was inundated with all the other garbage that Google returns (Google is
fast becoming worthless as a search engine).

If I hire a repairman, would it be rude for me to ask to see his license
and bonding documents if I am in doubt. Especially for something
involving a roof or electrical? My neighbor is the king of hiring fly by
night repair guys who wheel and deal with him, I seriously doubt any of
them are bonded, but if I hired the same guy, I wouldn't know if he was
dishonest or not. I don't hang out with plumbers and electricians or
roofer so I have to take them at face value. So if I hire some guy would
he get all ****y and irritated if I asked him for his info?