Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,alt.comp.hardware,rec.audio.pro,rec.video.desktop,sci.electronics.repair

Default Observations on a UPS - follow up to a previous post

Lead-acid batteries (like is [sic!] in your car) have major issues
if they are completely drained, these are also the common battery
in cheap, well, just about everything.

The _only_ consumer products I've owned that used lead-acid batteries were
an early Sony Discman, and two APC SPSs. They are not common in consumer
products. They provide relatively high capacity at a low cost (which is why
they're used in SPSs and UPSs), but they are too-easily damaged by a full
discarge. I accidentally ruined a $45 batter for the Sony D-T10.