Posted to rec.woodworking
Renata Renata is offline

Default lacquer durability?

Spraying the kitchen cabinets with Hydrcote and noticed little whitish
"dings" in the finish. Corners, mostly. Doesn't seem to take a lot
to cause this damage. Haven't recoated to know if it's easily
remedied.

I am spraying the water based lacquer over BLO, but I am allowing the
BLO to thoroughly dry (otherwise, the lacquer just peels off).

Is this normal for Hydrocote? I mean, it's great that lacquer is a
finish that's easily repaired, but thank goodness it is apparently,
since it's gonna need repairining 4x a day. What's going on?

AM I gonna need to do a top coat with some poly (a much more durable
finish that didn't need repariin' at all in my previous kitchen)?

Any/all advice welcome and appreciated.

Thanx
Renata