Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
ghost[_2_] ghost[_2_] is offline

Default Just retired in Southern California - Hello Group (00/25)

I was browsing the groups when I ran across u-all.
I retired last year from 32 years in Hi-Tech Aerospace electronics.
First thing on my to-do list was to fool-round with wood working.
I liked wood shop in school; well I liked anything that had to do with
working with my hands making stuff, leather, plexiglas, silver, gold,
really all the crafts.
So I decided I would try my luck building some bedroom furniture. The
wife said "don't waste the wood; we should just buy the stuff".
The challenge was cast with that sarcastic remark!
So I purchased the necessary shop tools and wood and started my first
project, a bedroom night stand.
No purchased plans mind-u, just some rough sketches and measurements.
Although I did do a lot of research on the internet looking at
fabricated items to get some idea of what I had in mind. And read a
lot about wood joinery, some practice with dowels and biscuit joiner
too.
I ended up building two night stands, a chest of drawers, wall
cabinets with a bridge for down lights between the cabinets, and a bed
frame w/ headboard anf footboard. I also installed a DLP projector and
5.1 sound speakers in the ceiling. The DVD player and amp. is in
another room and controlled with remote wireless Infrared system
devices.
So take a look at the pics. Let me know what you think or any
questions you might have.
Adapt, Improvise, Overcome - Duty, Honor, Country. Viet Vet 69-70.
Measure twice - cut once.
U-all take care.
Fran