Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Dehumidifier freeze-up

If you have a 70 pint Kenmore and it was built in China and lasted 6 years,
you are blessed. Throw it away and buy a Whirlpool with a five year
refrigeration guarantee before that plant gets moved to China.

"Al D" wrote in message
I have a Kenmore dehumidifier which no matter what the temperature is ( in
basement 60-70 degrees, or testing it outside in 90 degree weather ) the
coils frost up pretty thick. The unit is about 6 years old. It can't be
the temperature causing this constant freeze-up. What can I do first
before chucking this thing and purchasing another unit.