Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Gini Gini is offline

Default Owens Corning Basenent Finishing System

Wile E Coyote wrote
"JohnnyC" wrote ...
.... Or whether i'm better off just hiring a contractor and provide
precise drawings/specs/contractual terms,
etc and have them do it the "old fashioned" way.

YES !!!!!!!!!!!

==
Heh--You'd think he'd have known that since he has a 600,000 house.
==
==

"Wile E Coyote" wrote in message

Has anyone here installed it ?

Did a Google search, all it did is confirm my
experience. High pressure sales tactics (the
local dealer in my area, I'm in NJ - was out
of Long Island, Allure Inc).

Sales guy comes over and says if you sign now,
I can deduct $10,000 off the price.

Now, mind you, there are NO construction drawings
or detailed floor plans or any sort of PRECISE
contractual engineering specs. Just sign on the
dotted line, we can worry about that later....

yeah right.

You'd think these buffoons would get a clue by the
nature of the buyer considering these sort of systems.
My house is valued at over $600,000 - most of us who
can afford such a home, weren't born yesterday and
don't idly sign contracts without knowing what we're
committing to.

I'm just wondering if anyone has positive experience
with the Owens Corning system ?

Or whether i'm better off just hiring a contractor
and provide precise drawings/specs/contractual terms,
etc and have them do it the "old fashioned" way.

thoughts ?