Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default Toilet bowl gasket

On Aug 12, 4:34 pm, "David Farber" wrote:
I noticed that this toilet was not secured to the floor even though the
screws on each side of the bowl were tight. I purchased a new toilet bowl
kit with gasket, flange, and screws hoping to repair this problem. However
when I removed the bowl, this is what is in the floor:

http://www.pbase.com/mrfixit/image/83782966

This to me doesn't look very good. Is this a major repair?

Thanks for your replies.

--
David Farber
L.A., CA

They make a repair flange that goes inside the pipe and expands to
fit. I've used them with success. I got mine at Lowes or Home depot, I
really don't remember which. I did run into a minor problem in that it
wouldn't go in far enough to go flush, + my pipe was slightly twisted
forcing me to get a 1/8" shim for under the toilet. Yours
however,looks like a good candidate for that repair.
http://secure.data-comm.com/RBIS/Detail.bok?no=251034