Koz

Default what is involved in stud welding?

Shorted capacitors discharge an ac wave that degrades over a short time.
I can't specifically say why, but I assume that they sort-of re-charge
the opposite plate of the capacitor which then discharges kind of like a
swinging pendulum. Look up stuff on Tesla Coil design for more
information on this. The AC discharge is the basis of how a Tesla coil
works.

Of course I'm still half asleep this morning and am probably missing
something here.....

Koz

Old Nick wrote:

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:38:37 -0700, Koz
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

Capacitors discharge
AC so 99% of these machines are AC welders.

I have to question that. How would they discharge AC?
I went on a guided tour not long ago.The guide got
us lost. He was a non-compass mentor.........sorry
........no I'm not.