Posted to rec.woodworking
GarageWoodworks GarageWoodworks is offline

Default Paste Wax on Fe Tools?

Yeah, it will get on your wood.

The idea would be to wipe it off before you start your next project.
Mineral spirits should help get most of it off.

Use TopCote and forget about rust.

Expensive and I wonder if it protect with the same longevity as paste wax
in between projects??

"GarageWoodworks" .@. wrote in message
Ever leave paste wax (wiped on thin, but NOT wiped off) on your cast iron
tool tops (jointer, TS top etc.) in between projects? I know I won't be
starting anything else for a few weeks and I noticed a tiny rust spot on
my jointer. It was previously (a week or two prior) treated with paste
wax (wiped on and wiped off) and the rust still got me. I live in NC
where it does get a little humid in the summer months.

--
www.garagewoodworks.com