Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wise to make your own receiver hitch?

After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
Gunner Asch wrote on Sun, 12 Aug 2007
11:13:02 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 12:10:20 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

Is it wise to make up ones own receiver hitch, from a liability
standpoint?

I've built my own on the last four pickups and last three cars. I'm sure
mine are a bit heavier cause I look at what can be purchased and then use
the same design ideas but with stronger steel sections.

I justify all my machine purchases with SWMBO by pointing out how all the
stuff like this has been self fabricated and is better and cheaper.

Karl

P.S. I'm sure we'll get somebody that says its way to dangerous to make your
own.

Im waiting with bated breath for the flames and referances to a spare
tire carrier....cringe....

Well, aside from an injured ego (but a little humility is good for
the soul), nobody was hurt, so it as all good.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est. "