Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb himself[_2_] cavelamb himself[_2_] is offline

Default [RCM] Taper tolerances

DoN. Nichols wrote:

According to cavelamb himself :

I'm going through the current topics to hopefully suggest a way to tag
valid RCM traffic.

Add RCM: on the beginning of the title line - BEFORE the obligatory OT?

*Don't* use a colon. Outlook Express certainly converts every
two letter group followed by a ':' at the start of a "Subject: " header
to " " (It thinks that it may be an equivalent of " " in some
other language.) I don't know for sure what it does with three letter
groups, but try something else to make it stand out -- enclosing it in
square brackets "[]" is probably a pretty good one -- and do the same
with "OT" when you need to add it, so OE won't turn it off for you.

I've set up my killfile (using trn as a newsreader) to reject
anything with "sci.crypt" in the headers, since the vast majority of
this is an attack on that newsgroup, and every one of these has that
newsgroup name in the cross-posting list in the "Newsgroups: " header.
It takes a while for the newsreader to process it all, but it does clean
things up nicely. It is best to move the search for "sci.crypt" to the
beginning of the killfile, so it can clean up the most before your other
killfile entries have to wade through it.

Good Luck,
DoN.

Ok Don, Copy that about the colon useage in IE.
I use netscape, so what do I know...

If [RCM] can work mo betta I'm all for it.

Nice youe reader can clean up YOUR feed, but we need to find something
that will work for everybody or you'll ne talking to yourself.