Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Russell Richard Russell is offline

Default Unswitched neutral for timer switches

On 12 Aug, 22:01, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:
As I gradually rewired lighting circuit over a 20 year period
(whilst I was redecorating the relevant areas, but also with a
view to putting in home automation), I ran triple and earth to
almost every point (switch or lamp).

Interesting that you should mention Home Automation. I presume that
in these days of wireless connectivity there's no longer any need to
festoon the house with CAT5 cabling! However, given the one-off
opportunity to install extra wiring before the Second Fix, is there
anything you would specify to future-proof the property?

Richard.
http://www.rtrussell.co.uk/
To reply by email change 'news' to my forename.