Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Moan about some Ebay sellers...

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Bought a couple of things off Ebay recently where the seller wanted a
cheque and didn't have his address with Ebay. Fine - apart from being
a bore doing the paperwork and slow.
But what got me was both of them sent their addresses by e-mail in
this format:-

joe bloggs 15 smith street bloggsvillage east bloggsville ab1 cd2

which means I can't just cut and paste onto the envelope.

And would that be bloggsvillage east, or east bloggsville?

And why would someone want a cheque but not give details for an
electronic transfer?

I'd be very careful here. A friend of mine buys lots of stuff from e bay
and in her words "the only times I've been shafted is when I've sent
cheques".

I've not been shafted in some 500 transactions many of which involved
cheques. Both the ones in question have reasonable feedback and length of
membership and the amounts involved are small. Nor are the items the sort
likely to be used for fraud.

--
*Frankly, scallop, I don't give a clam

Dave Plowman London SW