Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Moan about some Ebay sellers...

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Bought a couple of things off Ebay recently where the seller wanted a
cheque and didn't have his address with Ebay. Fine - apart from being
a bore doing the paperwork and slow.
But what got me was both of them sent their addresses by e-mail in
this format:-

joe bloggs 15 smith street bloggsvillage east bloggsville ab1 cd2

which means I can't just cut and paste onto the envelope.

And would that be bloggsvillage east, or east bloggsville?

And why would someone want a cheque but not give details for an
electronic transfer?

I'd be very careful here. A friend of mine buys lots of stuff from e bay and
in her words "the only times I've been shafted is when I've sent cheques".

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman