BigWallop

Default RCCB not tripping when test button pushed

"Chris Oates" wrote in message
.. .

"Benjamin Aldred" wrote in message
news
Quick pressing and releasing of the test button may not make it trip,

try
holding it in for a few seconds, a count of ten, to see what happens.

If
it
doesn't trip after that, then you do have a fault on either RCCB or in

the
configuration of the connections.

Wouldn't you die if trips took 10secs to pop ?

Hee Hee !!! Most certainly Chris, but I have known a couple of these things
to take a little time to respond to the test facility, don't know why, just
a couple that took a couple of seconds to trip on the test button but
responded immediately under fault condition. That's why I mentioned it.

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com