Posted to alt.home.repair
jamesrdens@ya_oo.com jamesrdens@ya_oo.com is offline

Default Hercules Hooks

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:17:40 -0500, dpb wrote:

wrote:
By now I'm sure that everyone on earth has seen the tv commercials for
the Hercules Hooks. We got that loud mouth Billy Mays yelling about
them every 10 minutes on the tube and telling us how we can hang
hundreds of pounds by these tiny pieces of wire stuck into a sheetrock
wall. Well, I really doubt those pieces of wire are going to hold
much more than a few pictures, and even if they are strong, the
sheetrock is not going to buckle and eventually go into destruct mode.

However, in honor of our ruined ear drums from listening to that loud
mouth, it's only fair that these Hercules Hooks be given the ultimate
test. Lets hang Billy Mays by one of them. If the hook really works,
he dies and we wont have to hear his big mouth again. If it fails, he
gets to live, and his Hercules Hook commercials will cease to be shown
on tv any longer. This sounds fair to me !!!!!

Well, one advantage of not having cable or dish, I guess...I've _NOT_
seen the commercials and have no idea who Billy Mays is.

Once you see his face you'll know who he is......
Think of Oxyclean.....
He's also knows as "Bear" in the gay community since he's supposedly
one of them....
Too bad he dont advertise razors, he needs one !!!!!

Lots of info below.....

http://www.amiannoying.com/(S(hzh1lp...w.aspx?ID=5317
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Mays
http://www.listentome.net/stuff61.php
http://www.atmospheric-violence.com/mays/

But, one of the local news stations did an on-air test of something I
gather must be what you're talking about -- they held about 40-lb before
tearing out of the wall in several tries.

That they don't live up to advertising undoubtedly won't have much
bearing on the continued showing of commercials, however, as long as
they're selling enough to make it a paying proposition...