Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Paste Wax on Fe Tools?

"GarageWoodworks" .@. wrote in message
Ever leave paste wax (wiped on thin, but NOT wiped off) on your cast iron
tool tops (jointer, TS top etc.) in between projects? I know I won't be
starting anything else for a few weeks and I noticed a tiny rust spot on
my jointer. It was previously (a week or two prior) treated with paste
wax (wiped on and wiped off) and the rust still got me. I live in NC
where it does get a little humid in the summer months.

Yes, but I found Boeshield works better. So does Top Cote.