Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default OT - CRB Checks

"R.P.McMurphy" wrote in message

I'm increasingly getting jobs in playgroups & old peoples homes.
Nobody has asked yet, but I think a CRB check could be a good thing.

For the public, a waste of time [1].

For those operating the "service", an excellent way of placing a
large bung in their pockets.

For party politicians, a way of being able to say they have "done
something".

For officials, a box to tick after which they sit back on their
bottoms and forget about child protection. The ticked box also is to
defend themselves in court.

I guess you are probably right there. It seems logical to me, that if I
could get myself checked it would reassure my customers, protect me to
some extent and be a marketing plus.

I wouldn't have a problem with an (accurate) police record being
available to my potential clients. It would help me and if everyone did
the same scrotes like Ian Huntley couldn't get away with murdering
innocent little girls.

Ian Huntley would have passed a CRB check. He was never convicted of
anything before the two murders.

Adam

You can't pass or fail a CRB check, it merely summarises any involvement
with the police you may have had (even if you were not arrested or
cautioned), or whether your name is on one of the lists of people
considered unsuitable for work with vulnerable adults or children.

So if I had a new CRB check done, would it show that I have being arrested 5
times for assault but never been charged?

Adam