Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default Moan about some Ebay sellers...

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 19:19:44 GMT, Cicero
mused:

If your cheques are the same as mine then both now have a cheque bearing
your Account number, Sort code and your signature. That's quite enough to
enable identity theft. Keep an eye on your account.

Cheques have always had that info on them .

I'm well aware of that fact, but identity theft is a recent phenomenon and
and the fastest growing crime in Britain. Sending a cheque bearing those
details to a complete stranger on Ebay isn't the safest way to complete a
transaction.

Lots of things we do every day aren't the safest way of completing
transactions.

Determined criminals can make use of the flimsiest bits of information.

Determined criminals won't ask you to post your information to them.
--
Regards,
Stuart.