Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Moan about some Ebay sellers...

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:54:04 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Bought a couple of things off Ebay recently where the seller wanted a
cheque and didn't have his address with Ebay. Fine - apart from being a
bore doing the paperwork and slow.
But what got me was both of them sent their addresses by e-mail in this
format:-

joe bloggs 15 smith street bloggsvillage east bloggsville ab1 cd2

which means I can't just cut and paste onto the envelope.

And would that be bloggsvillage east, or east bloggsville?

And why would someone want a cheque but not give details for an electronic
transfer?

If your cheques are the same as mine then both now have a cheque bearing
your Account number, Sort code and your signature. That's quite enough to
enable identity theft. Keep an eye on your account.

Cic.

--
Using Ubuntu Linux