Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default What happened to this light?

Don't just consider this an anomaly. Go into the attic above the fixture and
trace it. I'd be especially suspect of the A/C condensate

"alex" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

yesterday I noticed that the ceiling light fixture in the master
bedroom walk in closet closet was a bit dim. I thought it was one of
those lights fixtures that used two light bulbs so I unhooked the
light cover and popped it off. Inside the light fixture there was
about a cup or more of water.

I unhooked the light fixture and checked the electrical box and it was
dry. I checked the drywall around the light and it was dry.

Where did the water come from?

The light fixture is in a small walk in that is kept closed most of
the time. The fixture is in the center of the room and the ceiling is
shared with the attic. The light fixture is one of those cheap ones
where the light is a one piece globe that is held tightly against the
ceiling with a couple of clips. It uses one 60w bulb. It has been very
hot lately but I have had the air conditioner on for most of the
month.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Alex