Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default One Tool, One Type of Turning, One Wood OR Keep Exploring?

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 10:34:36 -0700, charlieb
wrote:

So my questions is:

How long did it take you to find The One type of turning
you do almost exclusively?
or
How long have you been searching for The One?

Why pick only one? I do whatever the hell I feel like at the time on
the lathe!

It's like anything else- I work in a job shop where we do a
combination of one-offs and almost production-level runs. Some people
love the security of doing one or two things over and over, and others
don't care to see the same project twice.

The world needs both kinds- when it comes time to do the long runs,
I'm terribly grateful for the guys who want to set up a big job once
and coast through the day, and leave all the short ones for me. They
feel the same about me burning up all the little jobs at a frenetic
pace so that they can get back to pressing a button and shooting the
breeze.

charlie b
"condemned to wander the woodturning worl - forever?"

I hope you do keep up your wandering- not everything you've shown here
is my cup of tea, but you've come up with some real gems.