Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.construction,alt.building.construction
Dave in Houston Dave in Houston is offline

Default Replacing old main drain pipe

"aemeijers" wrote in message
Yeah- bite the bullet and replace with PVC all the way from the cleanout
fitting in the basement, to the the street connection.

You should bear in mind that the city sewer "tap" may be as deep as six
feet which amounts to a serious trenching job.
On our current room addition project we opted to route the PVC from the
new bath to connect with the existing house-to-city sewer (under the back
alley in this instance) since the city sewer was almost eight feet down!
--
NuWave Dave in Houston