Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Sump basin leaking

Unless this is a sink basin or sewage ejector basin, I would expect ground
water is what it's there to remove, and if so, and you plug the water entry
holes, eventually the water may rise to a level above the floor

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just moved into a new home in Southeast WI, the sump pump has been
running about every 15 minutes. Net summary - after troubleshooting,
found out that at the bottom of the sump basin, there are two holes
that have been drilled out approximately 1/4" in diameter that are
filling the sump basin.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to either A) fill/patch the
holes in the bottom of the pit or B) replace the sump basin?

The water flows in quite vigorously when the it gets to the bottom of
the sump basin, so a simple silicone sealant/caulking doesn't seem
like it would stay in place long enough to dry. And I'm not sure how
to go about replacing the sump basin (especially if there is an
easier, yet effective, option).

Any thoughts? Thanks!