Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default My First ten pens

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 21:52:47 GMT, "Darrell Feltmate"
wrote:

I think pens are great skew practice. Mind you I am not really a pen turner.
I think I did about three hundred last year? Give or take 25 anyway. Most of
those are one time orders for 50 or more pens. The trick is keeping up the
interest when people want 50 to 100 of the same pen. The first 3 or 4 are
fun, the next 20 are ok, and the last ones are work. the trick is to leave
time for a bowl or a hollow form every 25 or so pens. None of this last
minute stuff. :-)

Good info, Darrell..

I've got a bid in with a golf shop for 200 pens that I really DON'T want to do,
but if they accept my price I'd be crazier than usual not to..
It's going to be incredibly boring and very hard to keep the quality up when
they're all pretty much the same... *yawn*
The worst part is that 100 of them will be plastic..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing