Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Scraping reference surface

"Mike Henry" wrote:

I believe that is Michael Morgan's web site. Run a Google Groups search on
that name and you should find that several buyers have had problems getting
product from him. He still owes me the Bridgeport rebuilding book or at
least a refund.

Darn. He doesn't have a stellar rep from first glance.
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/ub...15.html#000000

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...rch+this+group

It appears he had a bankruptcy. I wonder if he has run his business any
better this try?

What year did he fail to deliver what you ordered?

Having worked in a company that failed, I learned during the process that
those that have prepaid in full get little satisfaction. If you only have a
deposit then the courts, if they approve a reorganization plan, will likely
require that orders with deposits be satisfied. Kinda weird if I understand
it correctly. I guess the idea is cash flow.

Since I planned to make this a late fall purchase to get me through the snow
season, I'll hold off a bit on making a purchase until I can check his
current rep out a bit better. Thanks for the intel.

If I do buy it will be with my credit card since it has buyer protection
(hope that isn't a scam).

Wes