Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

Default Can anyone help me fix my Skype?

On Aug 9, 4:22 pm, "SteveB" wrote:

I did get the post about the cell phone antenna, and that's a thought.
Looking for a cell amp right now, and trying to find a price. We may have
another tower we can get that right now is too far. Problem is, the tower
that is closest to us is on the other side of the mountain, and the waves
don't penetrate.

I also have a cabin, but not as remote as your's appears to be.
Couldn't get cell phones to work because of hills (not mountains)
between cabin and cell phone towers. Bought the cell phone antenna
mentioned by another poster. Still couldn't get it to work with any
regularity. Spent a LOT of time rotating the antenna for best
reception, only to find that what worked today wouldn't work tomorrow.
Even constructed a reflector behind the antenna to try to concentrate
the signal. No improvement. Finally decided the antenna needed a clear
line-of-sight to the tower and I couldn't get that because of hills &
trees. So I gave up and the thing is still on the pole used as a bird
roost only. I bit the bullet had a very long land line run to the
cabin.

KC