Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.boats,misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.sport.nascar,neworleans.general
[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline

Default SURPRISED?: New report shows epidemic of shoddy illegal-alien-built homes hitting USA hard!

On Aug 10, 2:59 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:09:56 -0400, wrote:
Mexicans usually did better work
that the anglo drunks who showed up for these jobs.

You bet.

Yup, I have worked with illegals in my time, they will do exactly what
they are told to do, will work as well as the boss tells them to. Also
worked with a all American crew, we had the drunk, the junkie, and a
total asshole for a boss that would not let us take the time to even
line stuff up right. It made me sick, I actually quit cause I could
not let my name be associated with the crew. Funny thing is this was
the "king tut" crew, in a prestigeous, white, neighborhood, just
outside NYC.
I asked a hispanic co-worker one time why he ran so fast all day. His
answer changed my thinking forever, I was about 19. He looked at me
and said in very broken english, "you can go out any day and get a
job. I have only been here 1 year and don't speak well yet, I have
three kids and a wife, and do not want to go out job hunting again, I
will just work hard here and keep this job." Honestly, I am sure he
was legal, we were both in the union, huge grocery chain, but that has
also been the attitude of most of the illegal's and qustionables I
have worked with in my lifetime too.