Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.boats,misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.sport.nascar,neworleans.general
HK HK is offline

Default SURPRISED?: New report shows epidemic of shoddy illegal-alien-builthomes hitting USA hard!

wrote:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 06:44:17 -0700, greg3347
wrote:

Everything these mestizoes touch turns to crap.
And never deal with an employer of illegal aliens.

ted

I was an inspector for 8 years. The Mexicans usually did better work
that the anglo drunks who showed up for these jobs. Kids in the US are
not interested in working outside in the hot sun these days. If you
want white guys you end up with ex-cons, druggies and drunks who can't
get a job anywhere else.
I do not condine hiring "illegals" but if you depended on the anglos
to build houses you would never get them built and they would cost
$500 a square foot. I would blame the "suits" for the lousy quality of
new homes, not the labor. They will buy the cheapest crap available
and design to absolute "hold your nose" minimum , even when they are
building million dollar houses. At the corporate level the only
"pride" is pride in a good bottom line.

Since new single-family house construction in my part of the world is
not unionized, you can easily end up with builders whose subs do little
more than hire pick-up labor off the nearest shape-up. There is a
tremendous amount of gross profit available in building the typical
single-family house, so the suits try to figure out ways to maximize it
all at the expense of the buyers.

For the highly skilled trades -electrical, plumbing, masonry- I can call
the union business agents and get a retired or out of work journeyman to
work on my house, or sometimes some apprentices nearing completion of
their years of work-study. For carpentry around here, the best
workmanship, sobriety, and pricing is available from the Amish who work
outside their community.

I don't fault "illegals" for doing anything legally possible to earn
bucks and feed their families. I fault those who hire illegals and
others who haven't the skillsets to do the work properly.